A vibrant and diverse community with diverse lawn care needs.
Plano, Tx Lawn Maintenance
Weather Conditions Affecting Lawns in Plano, TX
Plano has a humid subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters. The average high temperature in July is 95°F (35°C), and the average low temperature in January is 35°F (2°C). The city receives an average of 45 inches of rain per year, with most of the precipitation falling in the spring and fall.
Quick Lawn Tips
- Aerate your lawn once per year in the spring or fall. Aeration helps to improve drainage and reduce compaction.
- Overseed your lawn every two to three years to thicken it up and fill in any bare spots.
- Mulch your lawn with a thin layer of organic matter, such as grass clippings or leaves. Mulching helps to retain moisture and suppress weeds.
Given Plano’s humid subtropical climate, the following lawn care generalizations apply:
- Water regularly. Lawns in Plano need about 1 inch of water per week during the summer months. It is best to water deeply and less frequently to encourage deep root growth.
- Mow regularly. Lawns in Plano should be mowed to a height of 2.5-3 inches. Mowing too short will stress the lawn and make it more susceptible to pests and diseases.
- Fertilize regularly. Lawns in Plano should be fertilized three times per year: in the spring, summer, and fall. Use a fertilizer that is specifically designed for lawns in humid subtropical climates.
- Control weeds and pests. Weeds and pests can compete with your lawn for water and nutrients. Control them by using herbicides and pesticides that are safe for use on lawns.
Specific Lawn Care Recommendations for Plano, TX
- Warm-season grasses, such as Bermuda grass and St. Augustine grass, are best suited for Plano’s climate.
- Lawns should be mowed to a height of 2.5-3 inches.
- Lawns should be watered deeply and less frequently to encourage deep root growth.
- Lawns should be fertilized three times per year: in the spring, summer, and fall.
- Weeds and pests should be controlled using herbicides and pesticides that are safe for use on lawns.
Lawn Maintenance Services for Plano, Tx
Our fertilizer plans are detailed to the needs of your Plano lawn. Grass type, soil, pH, irrigation and more are factored into your plan to achieve the healthiest, most beautiful lawn possible.
In Plano, TX, we often find rocky, clay soil that hardens and strangles your root system. Our core aeration service reduces compaction and allows nutrients, water and oxygen to get where they are needed most.
We use golf course grade weed control products that are designed for your lawn’s specific needs to ensure above average results in a less than average timeframe. We kill any type of weeds in Plano, Tx.
Our Plano, Texas yards are our refuge where our families gather and play. You want that environment comfortable without pesky mosquitos, ants or other pests disturbing the peace. Let us help remove them.